How to top up a prepaid SIM card?
Your SIM card can be topped up via your account by clicking on the red button 'Top up now' (displayed at the top of each page). Use one of the following methods to top up:
- Bancontact (an online payment system via Ingenico Payment Services): you need your bank's Digipass to use this method. If you use this top-up method, your calling credit will be added to your SIM card almost instantly.
- Payconic by Bancontact App: download the Payconic by Bancontact App, register your bank account and you are ready to top up your SIM card by means of a simple QR code. Discover how this top-up method works.
- Mastercard or Visa (an online payment system via Ingenico Payment Services): use your credit card to top-up your calling credit. The calling credit will be added to your SIM card almost instantly.
- Text: send a text with the message "SIM TOPUP" to 1984. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Automatic top-up: top up your SIM card automatically when the calling credit drops below a certain amount. Before you can do so, you must set up a payment method.
- Viking Points: top up your SIM card with Viking Points. 1 Viking Point equals € 1. Want to earn a bunch of Viking Points? Convince as many friends and relatives as possible to board the Mobile Vikings drakkar. Everyone you convinced to become a Viking will earn you 15 Viking Points.
- Online transfer: this top-up method takes three days. Please note: make sure to use the correct structured message to ensure the top-up is added to the correct SIM card. The message you have to use, is displayed on the 'Top up now' page. Then select 'bank transfer'.
- Paypal: this is an online payment system which you can use for payments via your Paypal account, your Mastercard/Visa or your current account. In other words, a Paypal account is not a requirement, and your top-up is processed almost instantly. Create a PayPal account via the Paypal website.
Tip: if you think a top-up went wrong (if you suspect that the money will be taken from your account, but no calling credit will be added to your SIM card), contact the Mobile Vikings customer care before making a second payment. This will avoid that a second top-up is registered on the same day.
Combining payment methods: Your Viking Points can be combined with another payment method to top up your SIM card.