How do I activate the automatic top-up service?
To activate the automatic top-up service, go to your payment methods, or follow the steps below:
Select 'Account' and click on 'Payment settings'. You can now select an existing payment method or configure a new one. If you want to add a new payment method, select VISA, MasterCard or direct debit.
- If you choose VISA/MasterCard,you'll need to confirm this using the Visa/Mastercard an your card reader.
- If you select direct debit, you will have to complete a mandate which we’ll send to your bank. It can take up to 10 working days before the bank authorizes this mandate.
If your payment method has been activated, your SIM card will either be topped up automatically or by sending a text message (by sending the message SIM TOPUP to 1984).
- The auto top-up always tops up the preselected amount and Focus. You can always change this yourself in your payment methods menu.
- A payment method cannot be used to pay the € 15 registration fee for a new SIM card.
- The first top-up has to be done manually (via Bancontact, MasterCard, VISA or bank transfer). After that, your SIM card will be fully activated and ready to use the payment method (for any subsequent top-ups).