What is tethering/personal hotspot and how can I configure this?
Tethering/personal hotspot allows you to share the mobile internet connection on your smartphone with one or more different devices. This is usually via WiFi: your device is visible as a possible WiFi-network to connect with. You can also set it up using a USB data cable or Bluetooth.
If your device has this function and you enter the required setting (this is different for each device - check the manual of your device), you will be able to tether.
Do you have an iPhone or iPad, and get a message telling you to contact Carrier to activate your hotspot? Follow the steps below:
- Go to 'Settings' and select 'Mobile Network'.
- Go to 'Mobile data network' and scroll down for the option 'personal hotspot'.
- Enter the correct APN data: web.be, web, and web
- Also see LTE settings? Fill in the same APN data: web.be, web, and web
- Then restart your device to save the settings. Your hotspot will now be available and you can share your mobile Internet with other devices.