If you use your SIM card in other countries, you are then “roaming”. In this case, roaming rates apply. You can view these for each country in our roaming wizard.
An overview of roaming rates is listed below:
- Sending text messages: €0.0242 per text message inside the EU, €0.50 per text message outside the EU. The number of text messages that you send are deducted from your active bundle and the costs are settled against your invoice or payment invitation.
- Receiving text messages: free within and outside the EU.
- Calling: €0.06 per minute within the EU with a maximum of €0.22 per minute over the normal calling rate. Outside the EU, the rate varies per country. Check the roaming wizard for the details. These costs will be shown on your invoice or payment invitation.
- Receiving a call: €0.0121 per minute within the EU. Rates vary per country outside the EU. Once again, the roaming wizard has the details! These costs will be shown on your invoice or payment invitation.
- Mobile data roaming at €0.06 per MB (rounded to 1 KB) is possible in the following European countries: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The number of MBs that you can use while roaming will depend on your active bundle. We will settle the additional cost in your next invoice or payment invitations.
In the United States, you can mobile surf at €0.50 per MB with AT&T and T-Mobile, rounded to 1 KB. Note that it can run as high as €13 per MB with other networks.
Important to know: your Vikings advantage allowing you to call other Belgian Mobile Vikings (fair use policy with 1,800 calling minutes and 9,000 text messages per month) is not valid in other countries. In this case, you will be charged the rates listed above when calling and sending text messages to other Mobile Vikings.
Some applications on your smartphone automatically connect to the internet and will use mobile data when you are roaming. You can disable data roaming in your smartphone settings. Want to know the exact rates for a specific country? Check the roaming wizard on this page. Still have a pressing question? Call us on the free number 1976, anywhere in the EU!