Remember our planning? Well, time has come for step 3: as of 27/8 we’ll start activating SIM cards on our new platform. This will happen OTA, over-the-air, to make sure you won’t notice a thing. As soon as the activation’s over, we’ll send you a text to let you know everything is ok.
Other than that, there are 2 things you should pay attention to in this activation. First of all: your voicemail will change. More specifically:
- All your saved old voicemail messages will be removed. If there’s a message you’d like to keep, we strongly recommend you record it asap. This can easily be done with a free recorder app (Call Recorder - ACR for Android, or TapeACall Lite: Call Recorder for iOS, for instance). Simply activate the app, call your voicemail, listen to the messages you want to keep, and that’s that. You should obviously do so as soon as possible.
- After the activation you should also reset your voicemail. Read all about that here.
And then, more importantly, it’s possible you have to reset your mobile internet settings after activation. After you’ve received our text, this is what you do:
- Head over to this page over wi-fi, and select your device. Then go to Internet/Manual configuration and follow the steps to add a new Access Point.
- Do you have an iPhone and do you also use the Viking App? In the app, go to More > Settings > Load APN Settings. Then, magically, the correct settings will be set in your device.
- Until you’ve reset your mobile internet, your hotspot will not work either. Obviously.
Are you abroad?
Are you abroad at the time of activation? No need to worry, we’ll wait with the activation until you’ve returned to Belgium. You don’t have to undertake anything for this.
And just for matters of clarity: this is not about the switch to the Orange network. That one’s been planned for spring 2019.
Should you still have issues after activation (i.e. after you’ve received the text), then check this page.