How do I switch to Mobile Vikings from a different provider?
- You request your subscription or your prepaid SIM card online.
- You confirm your request via email and you receive your SIM card by post in 5 business days at maximum.
- You go to www.mobilevikings.be/activation to activate your SIM card.
- After your SIM card has been activated, you wait until you have no reception on your current SIM card anymore. This could take up to 3 business days, but in practice it almost never takes more than 10 minutes.
- After that, you insert your new Mobile Vikings SIM card in your device and you check your internet settings.
Can I keep my number?
Sure, no problem! When you order a SIM card you can select 'Keep my number'.
Who cancels my current subscription?
We do this. You don’t have to do anything yourself. The only thing you have to do, is request your Mobile Vikings SIM card online.
How long before I’ll be active and running on the Mobile Vikings network?
- It takes no more than 8 business days after you’ve requested your SIM card online.
- It takes no more than 3 business days after you’ve activated your SIM card, but in practice your SIM card will be running in about 10 minutes after activation.
What happens to my subscription at my current provider?
Let’s say your current subscription runs from 1 March until 31 March. If you activate your new SIM card on 15 March, your current provider will only charge you for the period in which you were still active on their network. So, until 15 March in this fictional example. But be sure to ask, because this doesn’t always happen automatically.
Be careful! Depending on the type of subscription, you might have to pay a fee for canceling your subscription prematurely. Luckily, this is only seldom the case with the current contract types..
What happens to my prepaid SIM card at my current provider?
In most cases, your bundles and calling credit will expire as soon as your switch to a Mobile Vikings subscription will be complete. Of course, you’re free to ask your current provider if you can only pay for your active usage, but these types of requests are usually turned down.
What we advise: a switch to Mobile Vikings will take no more than 8 business days. If you make sure your calling credit/bundles expire just before you activate your Mobile Vikings SIM card, you won’t lose any calling credit.